Question

Student
Don_L
Message 1 of 3 (9,659 Views)

hpqtra08.exe

Program hpqtra08.exe is taking about 50% of my computer power.  This just started about a week ago. How can I get it go go back to acting normal?

Tutor
AbrarAhmed
Message 2 of 3 (9,625 Views)

Re: hpqtra08.exe

hpqtra08.exe is installed alongside the drivers for Hewlett Packard Imaging devices and installs an easy-to-use traybar icon for quick access to diagnostics. This is a non-essential process.Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

File hpqtra08.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" (mostly C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\). There is an icon for this program on the taskbar next to the clock. The program has a visible window. The file is not a Windows system file. The process can be uninstalled in the Control Panel.
Another solution is:
open the Start Menu and go to All Programs/Startup and drag the Digital Imaging Monitor icon to your Desktop. This way it won't startup when your computer starts, however, if you want to scan or check ink levels you'll have to run it first.

If this solution isn't acceptable, then disable the Windows Image Aquisition service (run DCOMCNFG.EXE, disable WIA from Services) it'll resolve the problem.
Student
JOHNATHOME
Message 3 of 3 (907 Views)

Re: hpqtra08.exe

HOW DO I CURE THIS PROBLEM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation