Question

Tutor
djg145
Message 1 of 2 (5,765 Views)

reset windows 7 to factory settings

Hello, I have several niggling problems with my computer - HP Pavillion p6-2071uk, it has Windows 7 Home Premium installed.

I feel the only way to sort them out is to restore the Windows 7 to it's factory settings, without hopefully deleting my files, is this possible?

Cheers

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (5,750 Views)

Re: reset windows 7 to factory settings

Hi,

There are several methods you can use to return the PC to its 'Factory Condition' - see the HP document on the following link.

HP Recovery Options - Windows 7.

Regarding your existing files, you should get the option to back these up at the start of the recovery process, however my personal opinion is that you'd be better off backing up all your files to external media first ( dvds, external HDD etc ) first and then run the recovery.

As the recovery is a destructive process, you will also need to reinstall all software etc that you've added since purchasing the PC, so make sure you have the means to install this and any pruduct keys required.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation