Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Q102A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use my computer a black screen appears for 2 seconds and then it goes back to normal

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Brand-new computer, or not?

Windows Update can update the files that control the video.

While it is "restarting", to start using the updated files, the screen can go "dark", due to the temporary lack of video-output from the computer.

How often?

While running a specific program?

Can you "swap-in" a different monitor?

HP Recommended

@mdklassen

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that blank screen appears on the computer for 2 seconds while using it. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

This could be an issue with the graphics card driver.

To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

• In the windows home screen type device manager.
  • In device manger manager window search for display adapters.
  • Expand it and right click on the graphics driver and uninstall it.

Then Click here and update the Graphics driver, chipset and bios from HP website.

Then restart the computer.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.