Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My machine is HP Envy 23se-d394 Touchsmart. All of a sudden I cannot play videos from youtube or others. I have Windows 10 Pro. Message is "An error occurred. Please try again later (Playback ID pldUgZIFO06R8dCt" ...and other numbers on subsequent tries. I wonder, in Device Manager, which drivers might I check? Don't know which would apply. Or might you have other suggestion? Need some help. Thanks in advance.
Loy Banks
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Forgot to mention I've already followed suggestions such as Clear Cache and Cookies, Incognito Window,  Checked Extensions, etc.

Loy Banks
HP Recommended

Should have mentioned on last reply that when I open VLC Media Player all is good there. But then I assume it has it's on Driver Fiules.

Loy Banks
HP Recommended

This morning I've tried to play videos thru Chrome (my default), Microsoft Edge and Firefox. I cannot play videos thru any of these.

I started to run a complete clean up, removing all extensions from Chrome. But then thought to try the other Browsers. But when none would play videos, then this must be a SYSTEM Problem.

I then ran SFC / scannow and that came back with taking care of a couple corruptions. So then rebooted and still nothing will play.

Just plain irritating. Any ideas?

Loy Banks
HP Recommended

@LoyGramps

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the PC doesn't play YouTube videos on browsers, although they work fine on VLC media players,

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help:

To clarify, Have you enabled or updated the Adobe flash player on your browsers?
(as they are the major contributor to such issues).

When was the last time it worked? if it worked previously, perhaps you could utilize system restore?

Here's a YouTube video that seems to have helped others: Click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio and Video Playback troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel.

2. Search for Troubleshooting and click on Troubleshooting.

3. On the left pane, click on View all and then click on Playing Audio and Video Playback.4. Click on Next and then follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Updating Display Drivers

1. Press Windows key + R,type in devmgmt.msc and click on OK.

2. Select the graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.

3. Right-click on the graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

Let us know how it goes.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem solved. Thank you.

Loy Banks
HP Recommended

@LoyGramps

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I stand corrected. I just thought the problem was gone. But NO! I still have the same youtube issue. So still need some help soon. Thanks.

Loy Banks - Gramps to 11
HP Recommended

Hi @loybanks

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to try using a different browser (Like Mozilla firefox or google chrome) and check if it helps.

If the videos are playing fine on a different browser, I recommend you to reinstall the browser in which you are having issues.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. However video is not playing in Firefox or Edge.  Or my default Chrome.

So still need help with this aggravating issue. Thanks.

Loy Banks

Loy Banks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.