Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So when i try to play my ps4 on my W2072a HP monitor it says "out of range" and it needs to be fitting the 1600x900 60hz setting the monitor is but i dont know how to do that. I really want to start playing my ps4 can anyone help?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Motez, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues connecting your PS4 to the monitor.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your monitor?

Are you using any converter to connect your monitor?

As you mentioned when you connect your PS4 to your monitor you are getting error Out of range error on the monitor.

Sounds like it could be monitor Hz problem. The maximum Hz supported by this monitor is 60Hz.

In order to work with a PS4, the monitor must support 1280x720, 1920x1080, or 720x480 resolution.

I have checked the specifications of your monitor and the max resolution supported by the monitor is 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz (same as max resolution). 

Also, make sure you connect the monitor directly without any adapters.

You can set the colors and screen area to your preferences under Display Properties.

If the issue still persists change it to a lower resolution and try connecting again.

Or contact Sony support for more assistance.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using a HDMI to dvi cable and unfortunately I don't know how to change the resolution of my monitor so if you can tell me that would be great. One other question can my monitor actually display my ps4 or am I just wasting time. Sorry for all these questions.

HP Recommended

I did a Google-search for:  "ps4 screen resolution reset",

and found several helpful articles and YouTube videos on how to reset the screen-resolution of the PS4, to be compatible with your HDMI TV.

Try one of those "hits".

HP Recommended

@Motez, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

You cannot change the resolution on the monitor. You have to change it on your PS4.

However, You can try performing a factory reset on the monitor and check how it goes.

Select the Management button the monitor use the + or - buttons on the monitor and select factory reset this returns all OSD menu settings and DDC/CI
controls to the factory default settings, except the Language.

Refer the monitor user guide for more information.

If the issue still persists it could be an issue with the DVI to HDMI adapter which does support the resolution.

And I'm not sure on changing the resolution on the PS4. You have to contact Sony support for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to do that but for some reason when I click on change resolution it doesn't show me the option to change my resolution. However it did come once and I put it on automatic it still said out of range

HP Recommended

Should my monitor be able to display my ps4 or is it a waste of time

HP Recommended

> Should my monitor be able to display my ps4 ?

Yes.

> or is it a waste of time?

By not following the advice given, you are wasting your time & ours.

Do a Google-search for:  "ps4 screen resolution reset",

to find several helpful articles and YouTube videos on how to reset the screen-resolution of the PS4.

Try one of those "hits" to reset the PS4 to be compatible with your HP monitor.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

If you read my previous comment it will explain the problem I have with using safe mode. i chose automatic and it still said out of range on my monitor

HP Recommended

> If you read my previous comment it will explain the problem I have with using safe mode.

> i chose automatic and it still said out of range on my monitor.

The obvious question: are you reconfiguring the PS4, or are you trying to reconfigure the HP monitor?

Always update your PS4™ system to the latest version of the system software.

By updating, you'll enjoy additional features, improved usability, and enhanced security.

When you set up your PS4™ system, you might need to configure the output for the HDMI OUT port.

By default, this is set to automatically match the TV you connect.

To configure settings yourself, select  (Settings) > [Sound and Screen] > [Video Output Settings].

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.