Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After installing Widows 10 my workstation does not work... I would like to reinstall Windows 7... I don't know what keys to click to start the clean install process... HP does not have phone support, nor can I get into chat... I am desperate as I don't like using my laptop...

TY, Lynne

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Lynne_29

To reinstall Win7 on your workstation, you need genuine HP OEM Recovery Media, not a USB or DVD that was made from an ISO download, or purchased from Microsoft.

Saying that because the HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, and the DVD set is bootable.

To use that, all you do is insert the first DVD into the optical drive, close the door, and boot the PC.

If you are using different media, we can not help with that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

What I have is the original disk of the Windows 7 that I bought... So if I understand correctly, all I have to do is put the disk in and it will bring it back to factory reset ??? The problem I'm having with Win 10 is that it won't let me use any browser other than the microsoft one... Also my adobe photshop CS2 and Microsoft Office is not compatible... And the computer is slower than cold molases...

HP Recommended

Lynne_29

We are probably taking about two different things, in terms of disks.

HP Recovery Media is a SET of DVDs and a CD, not one disk.  It is designed to completely restore your PC to its original condition by completely reformatting the hard drive, recreating all the original partitions on that drive, and reinstalling the OS, data, applications and drivers.  This is a LOT of stuff -- so several DVDs are needed.

A Windows 7 DVD installation disk is a single DVD, and that will NOT restore your PC; instead, if you boot from it and do an install, it will REMOVE everything on the drive and replace it with a clean version of Windows.  All the data, settings, and applications will be erased in the process.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.