Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq presario SR2010NX Deskt
Microsoft Windows XP
Is it possible to create recovery disks of your system to completely restore it to a previous state ?

I mean recovery disks that would reinstall the operating system Plus all of the drivers currently on your system at the present time the discs were made.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There should be several ways to do that, even on a system that old.  If the PC will boot to Windows, then run Recovery Manager.  If the disks were not made before, they can only be made one time, then make them now.  If they were made already and you lost them, you might try Computer Surgeons and get them for a small fee - usually $27

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There should be several ways to do that, even on a system that old.  If the PC will boot to Windows, then run Recovery Manager.  If the disks were not made before, they can only be made one time, then make them now.  If they were made already and you lost them, you might try Computer Surgeons and get them for a small fee - usually $27

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I can't thank you enough for this information and Lead. I have been looking for a place to purchase recovery disks for various systems for years with no success. Thank you so much!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.