Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My computer is a little over 2 years old now, and this problem just began this morning. I am running windows 7, but not sure if that matters at the point I'm at because the windows screen doesn't even display. There have been no modifications or updates to the system in a few weeks or so. Last night I shut the computer down, I woke up this morning to turn it on and it was stuck. The screen stayed at the HP logo screen and displayed options, but none of them worked. Is this a problem that is fixable?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

You can follow this document to fix your issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017)

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Thumbs Up” STAR to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi, i am using HP ProBook 430 g2 and i am also having problems with my computer freezing at hp logo screen.

i tried strating BIOS by clicking F10 but it won't start. I can only run System Diagnostics and it passed all tests.

Help

HP Recommended

HP4300 C15 SFF 500GB 8GB / W7PRO

will not boot - using F10 (or F8) gives me a DOS screen with some onfo on it, at the bottom it says "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" but the escape key is not responding to input.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

HP Recommended

managed to fix it myself by doing a power reset, big relief!

HP Recommended

may be my problem also, but link goes to HP home page?!

HP Recommended

My HP desktop is stuck on screen saver. I have windows 10, Can anyone help me with this problem TOMMY 1954  

HP Recommended

> My HP desktop is stuck on screen saver. I have windows 10,

Press the computer's ON/OFF button, and HOLD IT DOWN for 10 seconds.

This should turn your computer off.

Then, turn it on, and Windows 10 should boot normally.

HP Recommended

After getting stuck on the HP splash screen
Powering off  - then powering on again is an OK work around
But does anyone have an actual fix?
This happens every time I shut the computer down the attempt to power it on.  

HP Recommended

Which "splash" screen?

Often, a motherboard will display its "branding" splash-screen, immediately after power-on.

Then, when the motherboard loads the operating system from the disk-drive,

the operating system will display its own splash-screen.

If the former, maybe it is your disk-drive that is not reporting "ready" immediately after a power-on event.

It's reporting that it is present, but it's not "ready" to be booted from.

So, the first splash-screen remains visible.

Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run this diagnostic tool.

Navigate to the "storage" section, and expand the 'S.M.A.R.T.' section.

The 'S.M.A.R.T.' capability is built-in to the disk-drive, to measure many conditions about the disk-drive's "health",

and SPECCY will give you a report about those measurements.

Is there anything in that section that is not  reported, in green-coloured text, as 'Good' ?

Run SPECCY twice -- once when your computer is running, and save its report.

Then, power-off, power-on, and, if necessary, power-off, power-on, until Windows starts.

Rerun SPECCY, and look for differences in the two reports.

Anything?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.