Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)

Envy desktop not running well with Creators Update

Product Name: Envy 750-247C
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had  a good experience with this Desktop, Its quiet, powerful and fast!

But lately I have noticed several problems with the computer after updating it to the latest Windows 10. 
First thing I have noticed is the computer will start up when I am not even touching the computer or accessing it. I let it slide for a little while but ITS ANNOYING. esspically when I have several projects open on the thing that I would like to keep open, coming from a laptop I have always been able to leave the PC in sleep. Then more problems began occuring.
Now when I try to boot the computer it always tells me I have to scan and fix a system drive, and now certain elements don't even WORK properly.

Is this some problem with the computer or is it just Windows 10?

Is there a way to stop some of this?

Any answer is apperciated 

Professor
Message 2 of 2 (62 Views)

Re: Envy desktop not running well with Creators Update

Windows Update is configured to apply any updates outside of "working hours".

So, given that Windows 10 "1703" must have been "frozen" during 2017-March, there probably are security-updates issued on April 11th (10 AM Pacific) that were downloaded, and now are being installed.  Check the "history" within Windows Update, to see when the latest updates were applied.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation