Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Vision Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer needed to be restarted after an automatic update (Kaspersky). Upon okaying the restart, the computer wouldn't reboot.

It came up with a blue screen and the message "SYSTEM THREAD EXCPETION NOT HANDLED"

After a second attempt and pulling the power cord and waiting for about an hour,  the blue screen came back on with another message "WDF VIOLATION"

I tried to reboot, pressing the F2 key. I was taken to  the "HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOTICS UEFI" screen.

A reboot, using F12 key took to "Please select boot device" but neither of the  "UEFI Boot Sources" would work.

Each gave the message "Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed"

I need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had to do a a System Recovery

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

4Strait, welcome to the forum.

I suggest contacting Kaspersky's Customer Service for help.  It sounds like something in their update has caused problems with your system.  They know their product best and should be able to help you.  If not, you will most likely have to do a System Recovery.

For future reference, when requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I had to do a a System Recovery

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.