Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z1 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive crashed and I had to replace with a new one.  I upgraded to Windows 10 and utilized HP website for the drivers.  The problem is that some of my USB ports will not work and I'm getting 3 "Base system devices" 1 "PCI serial Port" and 2 "Unknown Devices" that will not install in my device manager.  I tried all of the drivers on the web site and I cannot find the original discs that came with the machine.

The rear USB devices and the hidden wireless keyboard/Mouse port are not working.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The PCI Serial Port needs this driver...You may have to manually intall this driver if the auto install didn't work for you before, by browsing to the driver folder from the PCI Serial Port>update driver>browse my computer for driver software>browse to C:\SWSetup\sp74499.

This package contains the Intel Management Engine Software version 11.0 for the supported Workstation models and operating systems. This package installs the latest Management Engine Interface (MEI) and Serial-Over-LAN (SOL) drivers, as well as Intel Management and Security Status (IMSS), to support Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) versions 8.x and 9.x.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74499.exe

The Base system device needs this driver...

This package contains the JMicron Smart Card Reader Driver. This driver enables the integrated media card slot on supported models running a supported operating system. Initial Release.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65111.exe

For the unknown devices, please post the hardware ID's for those.

To find the hardware ID, click on the unknown device.  Then click on the details tab at the top of the unknown device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

W10 is supposed to contain the USB3 drivers needed, and I have no idea what you have to do to fix that.

There are no drivers you can install from anywhere.

I would google the problem...USB ports don't work in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

That worked great, All the problems were resolved except the PCI slot.  I tried to manually install per your directions but it didn't work  What does the PCI slot control?  is it needed?  computer seems to work fine without this slot.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The PCI serial port would control a printer directly connected to the PC.

Please post the hardware ID for the PCI serial port using the directions I posted above.

I will see why the driver didn't work.

HP Recommended

OK after rebooting the Jmicron reader is still not working and 2 of the unknowns popped back up on device manager  here is the info you requested.  Thanks again for the speedy return and information.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_3561103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_3561103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&CC_070002
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&CC_0700

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C03
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_0C0320
PCI\CC_0C03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C03
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_0C0320
PCI\CC_0C03

HP Recommended

OK...

See if this driver works for the second 2 devices you posted:

Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the Intel Chipset Drivers for select Workstation models and operating systems

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73254.exe

For the first one, the Management Engine driver I posted should have worked by manually installing the drivers.

So...I have pulled the drivers out of the file, zipped them up and attached them below.

To manually install the driver, download and unzip the file to its folder.

Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Serial Port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

[Intel.NTamd64]
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D&CC_0700"

HP Recommended

MMM not working  Maybe I should reinstall operating system again.

HP Recommended

Nothing worked?

Not even the chipset driver?

That should have installed the 2nd two devices as I had mentioned.

HP Recommended
Only one of the drivers was new the others I had already installed and the one that installed was for the wireless USB and even tho it fully ran and appeared to have installed the port still doesn't work and neither do any of the 4 ports in the back of the machine. this is getting frustrating.
I'm going to have a coworker look at it maybe I'm missing something.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.