Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Eloite Desk 800 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After a recent update to HP Client Security, I get the following error message when I try to logon: "The biometric authorization service is not working properly" followed after 30 seconds or so by a choice box that says "Log on with biometric authorization" or "Wait 30 seconds and try again." This also happens when I wake my computer from Sleep.

HP support suggest installing SP 685157 but that's older than the current version on my computer.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found a solution to the problem that I had with HP Client Security. Went to Control Panel>Programs>HP Client Security, clicked on it and could uninstall or repair. Choes the latter, followed the prompts, re-started and, so far, everything worked as it did before the update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you tried using "System Restore" to roll-back your system to a date/time before that update was applied?

> HP support suggest installing SP 685157 but that's older than the current version on my computer.

Did you follow their recommendation, and try to install it?  Did it install? Any error-message(s)?

If the "biometric authorization" (face recognition? fingerprint swipe?) is not working, try "re-enrolling" your face/finger(s), and see if that solves the problem.

Finally, from: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

you have too many digits in that '685157' SoftPaq ID -- HP uses 5 digits, and you cited 6 digits ?!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply, mdklassen.

My typo error on the SP file number. When I tried to install it, I did get the msg saying it's older than the current version on my computer.

I don't use biometrics so I'm confused as to why I get the message in the first place.

I prefer not to use system restore so I'll try installing the older version of HP Client Security to see if that helps.

HP Recommended

> I don't use biometrics so I'm confused as to why I get the message in the first place.

That makes sense -- if you have not "enabled" it and "configured" it, and it now is "active", you might get an error-message.

Can you run the biometric configuration utility, and choose to "disable" or "clear" it, to turn it off?

HP Recommended

Found a solution to the problem that I had with HP Client Security. Went to Control Panel>Programs>HP Client Security, clicked on it and could uninstall or repair. Choes the latter, followed the prompts, re-started and, so far, everything worked as it did before the update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.