Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite e9240f RAID
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

Not been here for a very long time!.

I have installed an SSD, replacing the HDD in my old desktop with 'RAID'. The OS works but is very slow, I installed "Crystal Disk Info" and I am told SSD: "Not Found". Crystal Disk Mark 8 returns exceeding slow speed. I have tried to select IDE from the menu in BIOS instead of RAID and the computer will not boot and takes me to Repair.

In the BIOS I also see the CD drive as the first boot option with the SSD in second place. The computer boots with these setting. I have tried to select the SSD as first boot option, but that does not work.

Not sure what I am missing or what plan to proceed with. Do I need to install the Win PE boot option somehow, and how?

I'm a little outside my comfort zone. The desktop has preformed flawlessly for many years and only use it to record TV.

Thanks in anticipation of a response

Stu

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The BEST way to replace an HDD with an SDD is to CLONE the first to the second.  This takes only a short time and when you then swap drives,  the PC will restart without issue.

If you installed Windows fresh on the SSD, then you will run into serious issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello WAWood.

Thank you for a speedy reply. I did clone the HDD to the SSD using Macrium Reflect. I do not have a problem with starting, only a very slow SSD operation, and 'Crystal Disk Info' not even finding the drive. Also there was only one HDD when I purchased the desktop, so not sure why RAID was even part of the software for this Elite?

Thanks for your help

Stu

HP Recommended

I don't know why the RAID option either.  I had an old MediaCenter HP desktop and it was installed in RAID, as well.  I could not find any way to change that.  Yeah, and using MR is the best approach for this -- and the one I always use.

HP Recommended

Hello again WAWood

Could you please explain: ""Yeah, and using MR is the best approach for this -- and the one I always use""?

Thanks

Stu

HP Recommended

I suggested you use Macrium Reflect (MR) to Clone the install, which you said you already did -- so all I did was confirm that it was the best way to do the cloning.

HP Recommended

Hello WAWood

My desktop was bought due to Windows Media Center, which was a great program!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Good Luck

Stu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.