Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ab150sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i purchased the HP Pavilion 15-ab150sa last weekend and have had lots of problems since getting it. Kept freezing and dropping WI-FI connection shortly after logging on.

I found there were 6 updates needing running that wern't automatically showing until i scanned for them in HPSA.

Its taken me 4 days to get most of the updates to actually complete and it seems to be working much better now however, I have one update for HP Notebook System NIOS Update (AND Processors) that keeps failing...

Any ideas?

Please keep it simple i'm not very good with technical info. 🙂

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Greg,

Try the following.

If the bios update is still running in HPSA, click the Stop button.

Close HPSA, restart the notebook, then download the Bios Update from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe

When the download has completed, close any other open windows and programs, then open your Downloads folder and double-tap the installer to start the process.  The actual flash will occur when the machine restarts - do not interrupt this in any way, even if nothing appears to be happening for a while - when it has completed, the machine will load into Windows as usual.

Note:  If the option to Update shows as being 'blocked on this device', you will need to Contact HP regarding this.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Greg,

If you're using HP Support Assistant to install the Bios update, click on the details for the bios installer package and post back with the SoftPaq No, ( this will be in the form spxxxxx ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi, its SP75199  Version F.17Ap1

HP Recommended

Hi Greg,

Try the following.

If the bios update is still running in HPSA, click the Stop button.

Close HPSA, restart the notebook, then download the Bios Update from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe

When the download has completed, close any other open windows and programs, then open your Downloads folder and double-tap the installer to start the process.  The actual flash will occur when the machine restarts - do not interrupt this in any way, even if nothing appears to be happening for a while - when it has completed, the machine will load into Windows as usual.

Note:  If the option to Update shows as being 'blocked on this device', you will need to Contact HP regarding this.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

it worked, you're a star thank you!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I keep getting a message to install/update to this but when I do via the message center, it shows "installing" for more than 4hrs and just hangs up. I tried downloading the .exe file and installing that way, but when I do, it shows "this file being used by another program". SO, does that mean it DID install but for some reason the message center is not showing it?

HP Recommended

I'm still stuck. Both HP assistant and the direct download won't work. It does everything, restarts and does its thing during the BIOS startup but then I still get the update message hence it didn't work.

Could it be because I changed the wifi card on this laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.