Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just wanted some help, currently my laptop HP PAVILION G4 having some problems  whenever i start using laptop after 20 to 30 min afterwards its starts making noices in starts  getting overheated , by making noices . i even took to service center to clean the laptop but still same. i cant understand what wil be better to do. Help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What kind of noises? Clicking sounds? Screeching noises? What part of the laptop are the noises coming from?

When you say it is overheating, have you run programs to see temperature of ram, cpu, gpu?

You can try a free trial program such as AIDA64 and even perform a stress test to see if everything is in norm. If you hear clicking sound it usually is from hard drive and you can use free program to see if it has problems.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

hello , thanks for hearing out                                                                                                                                                                                             Actually i guess the cooling  fan is making the noices or cpu but  last month i cleaned the cooling fan but i wonder why the fan is working fast i feel it as if noices r coming usually u get to hear such noices & sometimes the laptop gets hot

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the fan is always on, you can probably change the setting in Bios to make it only come on when needed. 

Do you play games on the PC or use demanding applications such as photo and video rendering. It is quite normal thjat when there is a strong use of CPU and especially GPU that the laptop will heat up.

If the fan is making strange noices and not just the noise of spinning you should bring the computer to repair. You can use the programs above to see if the heating is excessive. But do not worry to much about the heat because there will be a critical point where the computer will automatically turn off to protect itself.

Hope it helps,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.