Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-372f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

just these past 3 months the computer when asleep for more then  20ish minties will shut off and trun back on after I wake it up and I tryed updating the BIOS but HP has nothing for the BIOS for this computer and the Assistant says its up to date but I have not updated the BIOS since I bought it in 2010.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Gamer

My guess is windows 10 is not giving best chipset and storage driver for your HP pC. One incorrect system driver can cause all kind of strange problems.

You are correct as no BIOS updates are offered by HP and HP is not giving windows 10 drivers for PC also.

I don't think this problem is good to fix using windows 10.

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz Device manager does not seem to give me any errors at least I don't see it saying anywear.

are you saying that I need to revert back to windows 7 becouse it did not seem to give this issue  back in july when I installed 10.

also should I try and dowload a new storage driver?

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Hello Canada

You have Intel H57 Express chipset. 

Expand Storage Drivers and System Devices in Device Manager. What do you see?

Look at Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Then open System Information and look at Forced Hardware. Then Components, Problem Devices.

How does everything look, any problems?

I check Intel for 57 chipset drivers and no download is available for chipset. Maybe Windows 10 Anniversary update is issue or update after that. I guess your PC worked okay before this with windows 10?

Grzy

HP Recommended

looked, there is no problem execpt a wirless card that I know about and disabled a long while ago.

HP Recommended

Hello

Maybe wireless card is problem.

Is it an add in card on motherboard or part of motherboard?

Did you disable driver or complete uninstall in Device Manager? Try uninstall driver.

Then you could try removing card from MB if add in.

Are you okay working in case to not cause ESD when touching components?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thanks will try that I will have to wait to remove the card I don'thave ani static stuff with me right now.

HP Recommended

Canada

Let me know if you require assistance.

Not good to damage PC with ESD.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.