Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,565 Views)

HP support assistant - update download installation FAILED

Three features of HP support assistant -- downloading updates, gathering info, analyzing system -- now also failing.

I have tried to reload the new version from the www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant but it does not work.

I cannot find the software to uninstall this program to start over from scratch. HP has created a problem for its users when there were none. My warranty is no longer in effect so it seems crazy that I might have to pay HP to fix a problem that was caused by them. Has anyone found a way to fix this problem?

Student
Message 2 of 5 (2,554 Views)

Re: HP support assistant - update download installation FAILED

Hello I was doing diagonostics on my PC when a message came across my screen saying tht my HP assissiant is out of date and needed to up load a newer version

Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,070 Views)

why my trying to update download installation FAILED?

Student
Message 4 of 5 (773 Views)

I have recently downloaded windowss 10 .  How do i solve this problem?

Student
Message 5 of 5 (23 Views)

I would first uninstall your HP Assistant, through 1. settings and  2. system, and 3. apps and features

Next give the official site a try to download it again

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.WNBGpIWcHIU

If that doesn't work maybe try softpedia, but let's hope it does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation