Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
t630 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a t630 Thin Client running Windows 10 Enterprise IOT (preinstalled) and have made changes and plan to use HP ThinUpdate to capture my changes and deploy to several other t630's. I've run into an issue where after deploying the image to another device, Windows is not activated. I've looked at the docs and have not seen this issue addressed. If I deploy the image to the original device (that was used to create the image) again Windows is not activated. My understanding is that starting with Windows 10, once a PC is activated, it will not need to ever be activated again unless 3 major components are replaced.

What is the correct Windows 10 activation procedure to create the image and deploy to devices?

Thanks,

Hexnut

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Which version of windows 10 Iot is installed on the tc, use the winver to have the right revision number.

Which version of thin update are you using to capture the image ?

Which modification are you made before capturing the image ?

If you try to manually activate the system after the deployment, the system is activated or no ?

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello,

Q: Which version of windows 10 Iot is installed on the tc, use the winver to have the right revision number.

A: Windows 10 Enterprise IOT (preinstalled) 1607 build 14393.1715

Q: Which version of thin update are you using to capture the image ?

A: 2.4.22 (latest)

Q: Which modification are you made before capturing the image ?

A: Too many to mention - Using modofied ThinShell with numerous changes.

Q: If you try to manually activate the system after the deployment, the system is activated or no ?

A: I can always manually activate by contacting Microsoft but this shouldn't be neccesary.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Could you please run this command line in admin mode on one T630 : 

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

If the license key is displayed, please share it and the serial number via private message.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Karim_Me,

I currently do not have a thin client to run this command on as I have had to manually activate over the phone with Windows.

I believe the issue is caused by a faulty HP image named "16WWFTCJ602_US_111217.ibr"

If this image is applied to a thin client, then the preloaded ThinUpdate software must be uninstalled before upgrading.

If the preloaded version of ThinUpdate is launched while connected to the internet, a prompt to upgrade will appear. If the upgrade is allowed, any images captured will not work properly. Activation issues, Blue screens etc. 

HP Recommended
Did you solve the issue? I am experiencing the same issue, I have contacted HP by phone, they did not give a solution to solve the problem
HP Recommended
Did you solve the issue? I am experiencing the same issue, I have contacted HP by phone, they did not give a solution to solve the problem
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if HP has published a fixed image in the last year or so but no solution other than calling MS and activating manually after each reflash of the image.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.