Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to record on my PC. How do I go about this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Windows itself has a sound recorder built into it. You can access it from Start, All Programs, Accessories, Sound Recorder.

Record audio with Sound Recorder

Sound Recorder lets you record a sound and save it as an audio file on your computer. You can record sound from different audio devices, such as a microphone that's plugged into the sound card on your computer. The types of audio input sources you can record from depend on the audio devices you have and the input sources on your sound card.

Sound Recorder

1. Make sure you have an audio input device, such as a microphone, connected to your computer.

2. Click to open Sound Recorder.

3. Click Start Recording.

4. To stop recording audio, click Stop Recording.

5. (Optional) If you want to continue recording audio, click Cancel in the Save As dialog box, and then click Resume Recording. Continue to record sound, and then click Stop Recording.

6. Click the File name box, type a file name for the recorded sound, and then click Save to save the recorded sound as an audio file.

Also there are third party sound recorders that have more options to record...

refer the following weblinks to download and use them:

http://www.mp3audiorecorder.com/

http://free-sound-recorder.en.softonic.com/

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

help tring to learn how to do this... on my pc record a 30 second message to a file to transfer to my new program on the web..

HP Recommended

I'am tryna download a free studio recording on my hp but its not going threw

HP Recommended

I'm sure this would be useful ---- if there WAS a sound recorder on an HP Laptop!

I followed your intruction to the letter except "sound recorder" is NO WHERE ON HERE.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.