Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (5,961 Views)

How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

In the last few weeks I have been using Microsoft Works Calendar without any problems.  Last night when I attempted to add more information to the calendar I got a Yellow Triangle with a !   The notice says "Works cannot access 1 or more files, it needs to run the Calendar.   The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved."  Try reinstalling Works, and then starting the program again.   I bought the computer new.  It is a Compaq HP with Windows XP.  How do I reinstall Microsoft Works when it was already loaded in the computer & I have no program disc that came with it?  I am computer literate in getting around the computer but NOT in the upkeep of it or the problem solving - like I'm faced with now.  I would greatly appreciate your help.  Thanks in advance for your time & assistance.

Provost
Message 2 of 8 (5,955 Views)

Re: How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

Try the Recovery Manager in the Programs menu. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-6500u,6GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (5,898 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply.  I have been searching my system for the Recovery Program and cannot locate it.  Maybe I'm just over-looking it?  Thank you for your reply. 

Student
Message 4 of 8 (3,081 Views)

i have sort of the same question. my cousin uninstalled microsoft from his moms computer and she did a factory restore. we are trying to figure out how to get it to work because even after doing a factory restore nothing is working. any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Student
Message 5 of 8 (1,734 Views)

How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

Student
Message 6 of 8 (994 Views)

I have installed microsoft works 9 in 2 computers,am iI allowed to intsall third time on new computer? without disc?

Student
Message 7 of 8 (188 Views)

How do I reinstall Microsoft Works that was with  Windows 7 when puchased on Compac Presario. Thank you. Proto 73

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)

Hello @Proto73,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the Microsoft Works software, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are looking to reinstall the software.

You should be able to use the Recovery Manager, to reinstall software that came installed on the PC.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation