Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 110-414
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 on the hp 110-414 have you got any problems or bugs with it and is it running well on it and do you think I should upgrade
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Because you may find that you need to install the Windows 10 driver for it after upgrading.

With most notebooks there are two or three different adapters that could be installed. It helps to what is installed in yours. 

Use the search functiion in the forum and search for windows 10 wifi driver. You will notice that many members did not take the time to either locate the driver or know what is installed. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Windows 10 drivers for you desktop PC are located at the following HP web document. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-110-Desktop-PC-series/7161744/model/7269167

You should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 without any problem.

I do highly recommend that you enter the device manager and find out which wireless adapter is installed before jumping into the migration.

Click on the network adapters section to expand it and write down the brand and model of the wifi adapter seen there.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Ok why should I write down the wifi adapter thought ?
HP Recommended

Because you may find that you need to install the Windows 10 driver for it after upgrading.

With most notebooks there are two or three different adapters that could be installed. It helps to what is installed in yours. 

Use the search functiion in the forum and search for windows 10 wifi driver. You will notice that many members did not take the time to either locate the driver or know what is installed. 

HP Recommended

Ok Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.