Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProOne 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems my featurebyte not working with a virgin motherboard which already accept to save serial,product,build id,CTnumber etc.

I tried uppercase-lower case combination, bios update but no luck

could any one have any idea on it

Feature byte=2U3E 3X47 5K6J 6S6b 7H7M 7Q7S 7W7a 7m7s aBap aqau b7bm dUdp dq .qG

ps: I copied  it from partsurfer and it is matching with the sticker on body as well

TAI

RajGeo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear mdklassen,

thanks again.

Get solved the problem by copying featurebyte from Service Media Library bios simulator .

Still wondering why  they put wrong sticker on pcs as well as Partsurfer.

the right feature byte is

2U3E3X47676J6S6b727B7H7M7R7S7W7m7saBb3da.3Y

cheers.....

Raj

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

CRC == Cyclic Redundancy Check

When you have a string of bytes, a CRC is calculated, and is appended to those bytes.

If you write those bytes (plus the CRC) to a disk-drive, and then, later, read back those bytes (plus the CRC),

a new CRC is calculated, from the string of bytes, and is compared to the "old" CRC.

If the "new" CRC does not match the "old" CRC, the writing/reading process is corrupt, e.g., "I/O error".

In your case, some of those bytes you copied from PartSurfer are the CRC for the rest of the bytes.

This implies that you have incorrectly copied those bytes.

I wonder about the "dot" ('.') that you have cited in your message.  Should it be present?

HP Recommended

Many thanks for reply.

It is normal to have such "." on  featurebyte which I found in differnec pc;s too. But it seems longer (45characters) comparing to others.  

there are no previous setting saved on any of the fileds - featurebyte,SKU number,BUILT ID, Serial no, product number.

All fields except  featurebyte  accepting new values.

HP Recommended

> Feature byte=2U3E 3X47 5K6J 6S6b 7H7M 7Q7S 7W7a 7m7s aBap aqau b7bm dUdp dq .qG

On other computers, how many characters do you see?

Have you tried just entering: "2U 3E 3X 47 5K 6J 6S 6b 7H 7M 7Q 7S 7W"

and not entering this partial: "7a 7m 7s aB ap aq au b7 bm dU dp dq .qG" ??

Both parts are the same number of characters, if you exclude the "dot".

It seems odd that part of the information is strictly upper-case, while some is strictly lower-case'.

HP Recommended

Dear mdklassen,

thanks again.

Get solved the problem by copying featurebyte from Service Media Library bios simulator .

Still wondering why  they put wrong sticker on pcs as well as Partsurfer.

the right feature byte is

2U3E3X47676J6S6b727B7H7M7R7S7W7m7saBb3da.3Y

cheers.....

Raj

HP Recommended

Got the same Problem. I switch the Mainboard of a Probook 650 G2 and entered FeatureByte from the Backcover and from Partsurfer.

Featurebyte is

3X47676J6S6Z6b7H7M7Q7W7saBaEapaqawbhdQdUeh.QD

But BIOS won't accept it.

Pls help to find the right Featurebyte

HP Recommended

I have same issue and have had to open a case to resolve this. 

Information from case tag does not work and the number from PartSurfer does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi Raj! I know this is from a ways back, but I've run into the same issue involving Feature Byte being incorrect. I got to the Service Media Library Simulator, but I don't know where to go from there. Can you point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate the help!

Thank you Raj,

Popo

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.