Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8560w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have problem with Windows 10 on my HP 8560w. As far as I can see, there are still no drivers from HP to HP 8560w...

In the beginning I installed a bit older version of Windows 10 and it worked for some time well, when one Windows Update finally caused infinite loop of blue screen sayign 'Inaccessible Boot Device'. The same thing happens when I try to intall clear, latest version of Windows 10, during installation blue screen is shown and nothing can be done.

I read that some people use Windows 10 on HP 8560w but how can it be done?

By the way, Why there are no still official drivers from HP for W10.

Could anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @marmal102

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

There are no official drivers because HP hasn't released them - your model is too old and was released long time before Windows 10 was released in public. Your PC officially supports XP, Vista, 7 and 8/8.1

Without the vendor support and the official drivers, there is no guarantee of proper support. Additionally, with the Win 10 update policy when Microsoft decides what and when to change, there is no guarantee it will work now and after 3 months, for example.

I strongly recommend you choose a supported operating system for your device such as Windows 7 or 8.1 - both are still supported by Microsoft, they are stable and a good choice.

10 reasons not to choose Windows 10:

>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/3092365/windows/10-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-upgrade-to-windows-10.htm...

>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/2972298/microsoft-windows/10-reasons-you-shouldnt-upgrade-to-window...

Cheers

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.