Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dc7900 KP719AV
Microsoft Windows XP

HP Compaq dc 7900 Convertible Minitower

Win Xp SP3 x86

After a fresh install on new HDD can't find drivers for the below

Device ID's

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3035103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&1B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E14&SUBSYS_3035103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&18
ACPI\IFX0102\1

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I checked the driver file from the dc7900 support page, and I do not see support for the hardware ID you posted.

That is why it didn't work.

The HP Elite 8000 uses the same chipset as the dc7900 (basically it is the next model with DDR3 memory and a different audio chip).

The file from that PC has support for the ID you posted, so it should work.

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45367.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17:

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46134.exe

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E14:

This package contains the Intel Active Client Manager Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) device driver for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46137.exe

ACPI\IFX0102\1:

This package provides the device driver for the Infineon Trusted Platform  Module (TPM 1.2) in the supported desktop models running a supported Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40553.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help those drivers worked for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E14: and ACPI\IFX0102\1: but not for the one I really need PCI Serial Port PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17:  Any other drivers to try I would have used the HP detect driver but it only works on .net 4.5 and above and XP doesn't support 4.5.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I checked the driver file from the dc7900 support page, and I do not see support for the hardware ID you posted.

That is why it didn't work.

The HP Elite 8000 uses the same chipset as the dc7900 (basically it is the next model with DDR3 memory and a different audio chip).

The file from that PC has support for the ID you posted, so it should work.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45367.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.