Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have had my HP Pavilion 23 touch screeen all in one for about 7 months and when I went to turn it on the other day it wouldnt come on. No fans, no lights, no nothing. All that happens in the led light above the power button flashes once and then stops. I am a college student so I desperately need my PC. Help! I have unplugged and plugged back in, plugged into wall instead of surge protector, tried a hard reset and still nothing.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Arobe44,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is not turning on or is displaying only a black screen and the battery isn't charging either,

Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve the issue:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector

3. Start computer using the battery only

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.

* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Eager to help,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
This is an all in one desktop not a laptop so the above doesn't apply as there is no battery to run it off of
HP Recommended

Hi @Arobe44,

Thanks for your response.

I'm glad that you pointed that out as I seem to have pasted the wrong link. 

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document: No Power and Troubleshooting Other Power Issues

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.