Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After purchasing the  PC itworkedfine on window 10… it came with 500gb hard disk, 8 gb ram and 256 ssd.   So from my HP laptop, I removed a hackingtosh hard disk iñ an attempt to run it from the BIOS. I attached it to the PC using the necessary cables. Without removing the hard disks  it came with.  Without a second thought I tried booting the laptop HDD but the monitor didn't show a thing instead, the power switching button kept on blinking  endlessly and I couldn't boot the PC again and I'm  completely stuck . What should I do next? Kindly help me fplz and plz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have no information on the internal wiring of the PC, so I can't comment on the wiring issue.

A "CPU" is actually a Central Processing Unit, and on PCs, that is the processor -- not the All-in-One case with all the other stuff inside it. 

HP is stickler about the PC having the original hardware and software still there when you send it in for warranty service -- which is why I made the comment about the warranty, as it would give them an excuse to deny you warranty service once they discovered it running a Linux distro.

This thread describes the beep and blink codes for HP desktops and All-in-Ones:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997210-1528385-16

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

OK, so let me see if I understand what you did.  You have a Mac OS installed on a hard drive in a laptop, right?

You attached that to the ProDesk and tried to boot but got no video signal.  Unless the laptop and desktop had the same video chip, that most probably would NOT work.

But you kept the original drive in the Desktop, as well?

So it sounds like the desktop saw the MacOS drive as the FIRST drive and tried to boot from it and since it apparently had the wrong video drivers for the chipset, did not display anything.

So then, you disconnect the MacOS drive and NOW, the desktop no longer boots?

Right so far?

If that is right, then you basically blew the warranty -- by forcing an OS onto the ProDesk that it did not come with.

That said, however, the warranty is for the hardware, not the software, so if you have this seen under warranty with the original hardware in it, HP might fix it for you without charging you.

But we here can not do that referral for you; you have to do it yourself.

Your best bet is to contact HP Customer Service to see what they will do for you:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/cv/customerservice

HP Recommended

I read your reply to my issue. The most touching ones was that I blew the warranty. Of course I bought it from someone, an online purchase as all in one but only the Cpu. 

To day as I write, I removed the battery  to reset to to a factory default and the three fans are all working except no booting taking place but 

1. red three flashes and a two short ones .

2. Attached keyboard not powering.

3.there is one sata power cable that is attached to that processor fan as it came  label P162 but is not plugged into any holes and there is no any possible visible hole where to fix it. Could it mean cause to the booting puzzle, it has four wires yellow red and two blacks, the other two wireswhere it came goes to the DVD drive

HP Recommended

I have no information on the internal wiring of the PC, so I can't comment on the wiring issue.

A "CPU" is actually a Central Processing Unit, and on PCs, that is the processor -- not the All-in-One case with all the other stuff inside it. 

HP is stickler about the PC having the original hardware and software still there when you send it in for warranty service -- which is why I made the comment about the warranty, as it would give them an excuse to deny you warranty service once they discovered it running a Linux distro.

This thread describes the beep and blink codes for HP desktops and All-in-Ones:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997210-1528385-16

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.