Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in One 23-q020na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I cannot use the CD Player/burner system installed, it used to appear and operate automatically. I am pleased with the HP Desktop in use. Can I order a download replacement?

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your helpful reply, the player did actually perform with a commercial CD but seems to burn a CD only to play on a computer and not in cars or on external CD's, something wrong with codex code I think. I looked at the site you said and downloaded a REMAX safety check which also helped. Thanks again for your help, I am also a retired  professor but in music!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Insert a commercially-produce music CD.

Does it automatically open Windows Media Player, to start to play each track?

If you use "File Explorer" to open "My Computer", and double-click on the icon for the CD-drive, what happens?

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your helpful reply, the player did actually perform with a commercial CD but seems to burn a CD only to play on a computer and not in cars or on external CD's, something wrong with codex code I think. I looked at the site you said and downloaded a REMAX safety check which also helped. Thanks again for your help, I am also a retired  professor but in music!!!

HP Recommended

First, responses to questions are made by volunteers.

Volunteers appreciate when their comments, NOT YOURS, are tagged as "Accept As Answer".

You can "untag" your message, and then mark the best response via "Accept As Answer".

Also appreciated are clicks on the "Thumbs Up" icon.

Second, you wrote:

... seems to burn a CD only to play on a computer and not in cars or on external CD players ...

This is an option for the software that takes the music tracks, and "burns" them to a CD.

Either you chose "play on a computer", or the software defaulted to that setting.

Most recent cars & CD-players have "enhanced" CD players, that can handle those "play on a computer" files.

How old is your car? Your CD-player?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, my car is a year old Mercedes with an advanced CD setup and it is only now  that the last CD recorded CD does not play on the player so I will check your answer which I also feel could be the reason. Many thanks for your time and expert advice!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.