Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-p108ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop p108ne I Hope I Can I install Windows 7 Windows 7 drivers. But what was not in the site

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-p000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-p000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model...

HP Recommended

But in p108ne and 10 is only 8.1 drivers. I'm afraid it would be Windows 7 compatible with my laptop and performance comes? Because no drivers for Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The drivers from the p000 are for the same hardware as your model.

Since I don't have your model, I wouldn't be able to answer any questions regarding its performance under W7.

I can't imagine why it would not run just fine under W7 though.

HP Recommended

> But in p108ne and 10 is only 8.1 drivers.

> I'm afraid it would be Windows 7 compatible with my laptop and performance comes?

> Because no drivers for Windows 7.

This computer was shipped with Windows 8, not with Windows 7. So, HP probably has not created any device-drivers for "obsolete" software: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/NT/98/95/3.1/DOS.

Note that Microsoft support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020 -- not too far away.

At that time, you will need to install Windows 8 (or buy a copy of Windows 10), to continue to get security-updates for Windows.

After January 2020, it's probable that "other" software (anti-virus, Adobe Reader, et cetera) will also NOT be updated.

My recommendation: reinstall Windows 8 -- it should be "painless", and will work until the year 2023, if your hardware lasts that long!

HP Recommended

very good answer.but win 8.1 after instal any software(big) very slow performane i am tired/please help me?

HP Recommended

very good answer.but win 8.1 after instal any software(big) very slow performane i am tired/please help me?

HP Recommended

specifications for your computer:

Microprocessor: Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (1.7 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores, 4 threads)

Memory: 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)
Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Hard Drive: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

These specifications greatly exceed Microsoft's recommendations for a "minimum" installation of 64-bit Windows 8:

* single-core at 1.0 GHz,

* 2GB of RAM.

A faster disk-drive (7200 RPM versus 5400 RPM) can marginally improve the performance,

but I see no reason why your computer is "slow".

If you think that it is slow, you should take it to a professional, namely a qualified technician,

because it's impossible to do a diagnosis on this message-board.

Perhaps, Windows 10 lives up to its claim of being "better" and "faster" than Windows 8 ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.