Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I try to launch HPQuickstart signed on as a user I get the following Error parsing C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config

Parser returned error 0x80070005.

If I run as admnistrator I have no issues.

Is there a fix for this problem??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ,,,, try this 

The .Net framework 4.0 is a Microsoft programming framework used by Sync & Save. This error indicates that it is installed on your computer, but your user does not have sufficient rights to use it.  Try running Sync & Save as Administrator: Right click on the icon on the start menu and choose properties.  Switch to the Compatibility tab and check off Run this program as an administrator.

See this post for possible sources of the problem: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/windowscompatibility/thread/b121a1d2-6c5a-4c1b-b773-cb...

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi ,,,, try this 

The .Net framework 4.0 is a Microsoft programming framework used by Sync & Save. This error indicates that it is installed on your computer, but your user does not have sufficient rights to use it.  Try running Sync & Save as Administrator: Right click on the icon on the start menu and choose properties.  Switch to the Compatibility tab and check off Run this program as an administrator.

See this post for possible sources of the problem: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/windowscompatibility/thread/b121a1d2-6c5a-4c1b-b773-cb...

Checkurtech

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, I am good to go!!

HP Recommended

Hi ,,

Glad to hear your issue is resolved ,, To show thanks could you leave me a Kudos mark please ??

Checkurtech

HP Recommended

If you are facing Windows error 0x80070005 and unable to find solutions to fix this error then try to start your system in safe mode.
And for this restart your system.
When windows logo going to appear than before that press F8 button to open Choose advanced option page and from their select safe mode option and then press enter.
You can also use third party repair tool. Few days before I was also suffering from this error but when I use third party repair tool then I had easily fix my PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.