Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G1 (N9E78EA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello!
I have a PC
HP 280 G1 i5-4590S/8GB/500/DVD-RW/W10P+7Pro64
and
SSD Plextor 128GB 2,5'' SATA SSD M6 Pro Series.

Partition disappears after power failure, now shows Unallocated.
I tried using TestDisk to see what was going on. After going through the "Analyse" command and Deep Search, but partition disappears.
Any suggestions on what I should do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your SSD have lost its file system because of sudden power failure. I would suggest you to run CHKDSK to fix this error. Also remember, if the data stored in your SSD is important for you, then first use raw data recovery software like WDR pro of stellar phoenix and then apply diagnoses to repair it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Paul1984

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about recovering your partitions after a power failure and wanted to help.

I've run Linux distros for over 10 years now and while Testdisk has been great at fixing Linux filesystem issues, I've not found it particularly useful for Windows filesystem issues.

Here are some Windows apps you can use to try to recover the partitions using another Windows PC:

Free -- Recover Data in 3 Steps With MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition - MajorGeeks

Free -- Free Partition Manager Software - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

Not free -- Active@ File Recovery searches for lost & deleted files, recovers damaged volumes, disks & RAIDs

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Your SSD have lost its file system because of sudden power failure. I would suggest you to run CHKDSK to fix this error. Also remember, if the data stored in your SSD is important for you, then first use raw data recovery software like WDR pro of stellar phoenix and then apply diagnoses to repair it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.