Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

We got the same problem on a new P1H11EA, unfortunately my client did not report this in to me asap and now we can't get a DOA on it either. I managed to get one of HPs technichans to replace the motherboard but the issue is still there, they did of course not stay long enough after the replacement to check that the issue was fixed. Now they want me to check if BIOS reports the right numbers and stuff. I'm not a HP technican! Why don't they check this themselves before they leave?

We have paid for NBD support and instead we get to do the troubleshooting for HP. I do this because I care about my client but it's really frustrating how HPs support work in general. Where we are located the technicans is almost never on site the next day, they don't call in time before so I can be there, they don't stay long enough after a replacement to check that the reported issue is fixed. I've had it with HPs support in general and will from now on look for other options. This is not good enough.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

We have purchased a few of these and they are acting the same way. Very frusterating as we are a medical practice and the monitor seems to go to sleep and the machine dosent respond while in an exam room with a patient! We are waiting for HP to come and replace the MoBo but as one user said, they are still seeing the same issue.

HP Recommended

Out of about 100 ordered, we had 4 machines that were doing this.  We had motherboards replaced and still had the issue.  After that we replaced processor, power supply, and memory all at once.  Since then, they've been working without issue.  Unfortunately, because we replaced all 3 at once we're not totally sure which component was at fault, but we have one more that's doing it now so we'll probably try changing one piece at a time to isolate it.

HP Recommended

Replying to see if there is any new information regarding this thread.  We are seeing identical symptoms in multiple ProDesk 400 G3 units that have been deployed over the last 4 months.  Any news to pass along?

HP Recommended

HP Prodesk 600 G2 installed in early August.  Within the first week, had this same problem.  Our tech assistant suggested it was because I installed Acrobat X Standard which is not supported by Windows 10.  So I upgraded that to the most current version, and the problem continues.  It froze up three times yesterday.  Each time requires me to power off.  It seems to always occur when I am working in Google Chrome, which is my preferred browswer.

HP Recommended

This has been resolved after updating the chipset drivers. We had HP replace the motherboard and that did not correct the issue.

1. Download and update the BIOS and Chipset drivers from the below link and check for the issue occurrence:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7633321&swItemId=vc_164259_1&swEnvOid=405...

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7633321&swItemId=vc_153762_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the possible solution to this problem, @apas00.  I hope that the other members, @jperezklh, @SDuckers, @NLI_too, @Flauyven, read your post.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

We found a solution that resolved our specific case involving the 400 G3 series mini towers.  Our systems are using the Intel HD 530 video chipset, and we eventually narrowed it down to the video driver.  We found that if we replace the OEM driver with the Intel driver version 15.40.26.4474 OR NEWER, the instability goes away.  No more system freezes, and we are approaching the 3 week mark on approximately 30 systems.  Obviously, your mileage may vary... 

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting your solution to the problem, @NLI_too.  We here on the Forums appreciate all of the help we can get.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.