Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce198wm
Microsoft Windows 11

So I completely wiped my computer like a dumbass. I have  an OMEN by HP gaming laptop. I was able to reinstall Windows 11 using a flash drive but I'm curious as how to reinstall the gaming software and hard drives to have this completely back to normal. Not sure if there's a place to download it and what do I need to do with the process? 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If you want all the factory software that came with the notebook, use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Support

You can download the software from the Microsoft Store:

HP Cloud Recovery Tool - Microsoft Apps

Then you can upgrade back to W11 by clicking on the blue W11 Installation assistant button (1st option) at the link below:

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

So if use this, this is will allow the hardware and software to restore to the gaming as it was originally, like i said its complete wiped, can't connect to WIFI, and its got windows 11 reinstalled but if I do as suggested it will reload the gaming/ hardware I need for this computer

HP Recommended

That is correct.

Here's the wireless driver so you can download and run the tool on your notebook, but W10 should have installed the driver automatically.

Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

If you have to make the recovery media on another PC, you will have to enter your notebook's product number in the tool's search window in order to proceed.

Your notebook's product number is 3VT96UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Ok wonderful, I got windows 11 installed, if I do all the steps as listed I should be able to get OMEN HP 15 laptop to be fully restored to how it was originally , so I have to install everything separately even with windows 11 freshly installed i can still dowload the software and hard drive 

HP Recommended

I got the WIFI working ! Thanks, now can I do the software install as you said earlier right from that computer or do I need to use a different one

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

You can run the tool on your computer since you have internet  

HP Recommended

Great, thanks

Now I followed the steps but keep going back to the Recovery manager over and over again so when it restarted I took out the USB and it was able to move on to the software installation and seems to be buggy as well as slow? Did I mess everything up again or will it automatically detect the files and load up at some point?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I've never come across that problem before with the recovery drive.

I have come across it with installing a plain version of Windows like you originally did.

I did the same thing as you did regarding removing the drive.

At the moment the PC turned off, I removed the USB flash drive and the Windows installation completed.

But everything worked fine for me, so I don't have any idea why the notebook is not working fine.

Did you upgrade to W11 yet?

If not, do that and see if the PC works out the bugs.

If you have and the PC works lousy, I don't see any other option but to clean install W11 and then install the drivers and available software from the notebook's support page.

HP Recommended

Issue is I can't even get to the main screen to redownload windows 11, wonder since I originally downloaded windows 11 via usb when I completely wiped the computer, I started off with before I even began this process so this I'm not too sure on as to I can't get passed the software installation 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.