Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop stopped working, the symptoms being it was completely unresponsive when pushing power button and/or plugging into the charger. It seemed most likely a disconnect relating to the battery. I sent it in to the repair center at Grapevine, Tx. When I received the laptop back I found they had replaced the whole SSD which was unexpected and means I just lost MONTHS worth of work as well as personal family information and documents. I called HP tech support to find out if I could get my old SSD to try an retrieve my information and was told "we can't help you because the parts don't have any kind of serial number" and so they would not be able to find out which was mine. This seems like the kind of part you would confirm with a customer before replacing, and at the very least return the old SSD to the customer with the repaired product. The other problem is that I am now having to send it to be repaired AGAIN because they damaged the laptop cosmetically while "fixing" it the first time. The laptop was sent back to me in a box that was too large and may have been damaged as a result, but I do believe it was more likely damaged at the repair center. The top and bottom now has scratches which seem unlikely to have come from shipping in the bubble packaging, the base is also warped/popped out and looks like they probably overtightened a screw.

I have bought many HP printers in the past, this was the first HP laptop. I am very disappointed with my experience with the HP warranty system. There is a lack of communication to the customer, and there seems to be a lack of respect for the customers product/property. I previously had a Sony VAIO laptop which I maintained for 7 years and when I retired it, it still looked like new. I understand that is much longer than the average/expected life of a product. My point is that I care about, and take care of, my laptops and I expected HP would do the same. I regret purchasing this laptop, and I regret using the HP Warranty to have it repaired.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@T3ch2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.