Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110-000z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to uninstall "Microsoft Edge". I do not like it. How can I uninstall it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

lellery

I agree with you -- as I have found Edge to be a half-baked poor excuse for the Browser that is little more than a crippled, metro-ized version of IE.

You can also go to Settings --> System and change the default apps setting to IE.

Here is the screen: Solved How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge - Windows 10 Forums

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to uninstall or delete Microsoft edge from Windows 10 computer, but you can use another browser as your default browser. If you want to use ‘Internet Explorer’, please follow the steps given below:
- Open internet explorer and go to settings icon.
- Click on internet settings.
- Then click on programs.
- Then click on the option make ‘internet explorer the default browser’.

Hope this will help you.

HP Recommended

lellery

I agree with you -- as I have found Edge to be a half-baked poor excuse for the Browser that is little more than a crippled, metro-ized version of IE.

You can also go to Settings --> System and change the default apps setting to IE.

Here is the screen: Solved How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge - Windows 10 Forums

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Officially there is no way to uninstall Microsoft edge. But there is a script using which you can uninstall it completely. You can check out steps mentioned in the following blog post:

https://winranx.com/uninstall-microsoft-edge-browser-windows-10/

Note: Once you uninstall the Edge browser using the steps discussed in the above URL. You need to perform clean installation of Windows 10 if you want it back 🙂

So before following the steps keep this thing in mind.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.