Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PRO TABLET G1 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just upgraded my tablet from windows 8.1 to windows 10. The touch screen is not working. I do not have the option to reverse the action to go back to windows 8.1. 

1.How do I find my product ID # for windows 8.1?

2. Is "touch screen" issue fixable in windows 10 on my tablet?

Second problem: could not connect to my 2 cameras in windows 8.1 and that the reason I upgraded to windows 10, but the same problem persist.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What brand and type of cameras?

Was it with a USB connection?

If you just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 there is indeed a method to rollback to Windows 8.1.  There is a thirty-day window in which you are permitted to do that. After thirty days the option is no longer there.

"To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of yourWindows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install"

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to unswer.

I was told by microsoft that free apgrade to windows 10 is not longer available, from last july. My upgrade gave me only 10 days.  But because I did not get the "touch screen'  feature, thinking that the instalation failed, I  reinstall windows 10 and that what wiped out my windows 8.1 installation files. 

Also created bootable usb installation from microsoft site, change the bios boot menue to allow booting from usb, did not help. The bios was upgraded to the last version.

BTW, the "touch screen" feature did work druring the install precedrue while in the bios level.

The cameras are built in, the one that came with the HP PRO TABLET 610 G1 PC.

Error msg is simple: We casn't find your camera. (when pressing the camera's icon.)

In windows 8.1 there were two items in device mgr with yellow triangle.

1 camera sensor imx 175 and cmera sensor ov2722

I do not see them in windows 10. 

The last driver update was install.

HP Recommended

@Zubon wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to unswer.

I was told by microsoft that free apgrade to windows 10 is not longer available, from last july. My upgrade gave me only 10 days.  But because I did not get the "touch screen'  feature, thinking that the instalation failed, I  reinstall windows 10 and that what wiped out my windows 8.1 installation files. 

Also created bootable usb installation from microsoft site, change the bios boot menue to allow booting from usb, did not help. The bios was upgraded to the last version.

BTW, the "touch screen" feature did work druring the install precedrue while in the bios level.

The cameras are built in, the one that came with the HP PRO TABLET 610 G1 PC.

Error msg is simple: We casn't find your camera. (when pressing the camera's icon.)

In windows 8.1 there were two items in device mgr with yellow triangle.

1 camera sensor imx 175 and cmera sensor ov2722

I do not see them in windows 10. 

The last driver update was install.

The new Microsoft licensing model works in the following manner. If you have already upgraded your device to Windows 10, the license is present on the licensing servers.  See the following image related to my PC.

Windows 10 activation model.png

You did not ask about free upgrading to Windows 10 in your initial post. That is something different from last July for Windows 7,8 and 8.1 upgrades.

If you can identify the camera by use of the Device Manager perhaps we can find the drivers that are required.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

From: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7102695&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4158

Select "Windows 8 64-bit".

Scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

So, if you want to return to Windows 8, you can purchase a "kit" from HP.

Scroll further down, to see:

Capture.JPG

My guess is that installing and running this software will offer the correct device-driver for your touch-screen.

On the same page:

Capture.JPG

it mentions "Camera".  🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.