Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion a6642p
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I want to upgrade a Pavillion a6642p from Vista Home 64bit to  Windows 7 64bit  Is there an OEM Ugrade CD for purchase? If so how do I obtain it?

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Microsoft no longer sells W7, nor was there ever a W7 OEM upgrade edition available for purchase.  Some PC's came with a free upgrade to W7 and the upgrade kits came with the PC at the time of purchase.

You may be able to still find a retail W7 upgrade kit or an OEM W7 full installation program on the secondary market such as eBay.

Just make sure that if you decide to buy the OEM software, that you get a new sealed kit.

If an OEM product key was used on another PC, it cannot be used on a different one.

I also believe with a full OEM installation disk, you can't do an inplace upgrade.  I do not believe the product key will work for an upgrade, only a full (custom) install.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.