Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Desktop PC 27-cb1000i (4N1Q7AV)

not able to set brightness its very bright not able to reduce , night mode not working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Krsna555,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing trouble adjusting the brightness and enabling night mode on your HP All-In-One Desktop PC 27-Cb1000i, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with display settings. You can usually update drivers through the Device Manager or the HP website.

Adjust Brightness Settings: Sometimes, brightness settings can be adjusted through the display settings of your operating system. For Windows, you can try the following:

• Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings."
  • Look for the "Brightness and color" settings. There should be a slider to adjust brightness.

Use Manufacturer Software: HP often provides its own software for managing display settings. Check if there's any HP utility installed on your PC that allows you to adjust brightness and enable night mode.

Check for BIOS/UEFI Updates: Occasionally, firmware updates (BIOS/UEFI) can include fixes for display-related issues. Check HP's support website for any available updates for your specific model.

Reset Display Settings: If you've made any changes previously that might be causing issues, you can try resetting the display settings to default. This option is usually available in the display settings menu of your operating system.

Hardware Issue: If none of the software troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem with the display or the graphics card. 

These steps should help you troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the brightness and night mode issues on your HP All-In-One Desktop PC.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.