Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-160
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few weeks ago, I got the BSOD and could only re-format without backing up. After a data recovery service ravaged my hard drive, I purchased a new drive. My recovery disk is nowhere to be found (my guess is the wife pitched it in one of her cleaning fits). Of course, I have to re-install the OS and bought Win10 Home.

I plugged in the USB and started the install, but am now getting a message that no device drivers were found. This is a pain, but it makes sense. Went to the HP drivers site on a laptop and downloaded all the drivers it produced for my specific model.

Where I'm stuck:

I have a pop-up that says "Windows Setup" and "Select the driver to install", along with an unpopulated window. I plugged my USB containing the drivers in and found it - USB Drive (H:). I selected that drive and the folder into which I placed the drivers. Click OK and I get the message "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

If I have the drivers provided by HP and they're not recognized, how do I proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Make sure you are booting from a USB 2 port.

You won't be able to install Windows from a USB3 port.

If you have the W10 installation media in a USB 2 port, windows may be looking for the sata controller driver, so see if this works...

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 1st file listed (64 bit).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

Extract (copy) the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders.

With the flash drive and W10 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W10 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W10 will install.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Make sure you are booting from a USB 2 port.

You won't be able to install Windows from a USB3 port.

If you have the W10 installation media in a USB 2 port, windows may be looking for the sata controller driver, so see if this works...

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 1st file listed (64 bit).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

Extract (copy) the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders.

With the flash drive and W10 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W10 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W10 will install.

HP Recommended

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. This solution worked and without all the other drivers I thought I needed.

For anyone else who found this thread with the same issue, follow these directions to the T. Any variation will not yield positive results.

Again, my thanks. Though I'm not tech saavy enough to contribute here, I will pay it forward elsewhere in your honor.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.