Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-2000i (83N30AV)

Good morning and happy Sunday

I just received this desktop and absolutely love it . The only thing I want to create a factory restore usb that I can do a fresh install of what came on it from the factory and having issues doing that. I have tried the usb cloud recovery  it does not find my product id "says product id is not a match or invalid" can some one assist me with doing this or provide an alternate way of doing a factory refresh?  any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That PC is so new that the product number does not exist in the HP Partsurfer website yet.

HP OMEN 45L GT22-2090 Gaming PC; Intel Core i9 14th Gen 14900K 2.4GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX ...

HP PartSurfer

I'm thinking that HP has not uploaded the recovery image yet to the cloud recovery tool database.

Wait a month or so and try it again.

I received a brand new HP notebook in 2020, and the first thing I did was to go to create a recovery USB for it and got the same message--not available.

I waited a month or so, and the image finally was uploaded, and I was able to create one.

Other than that, your only option would be to contact HP support starting at the link below and see if they have a recovery USB drive they can send you.

HP wouldn't send me one unless the notebook would not start up and I didn't want to fib that the notebook would not boot up.

Official HP® Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Run the Windows system information app and post the product number that appears on the System SKU line.

HP Recommended

9J6H2AA#ABA same thing that im trying with the cloud recovery. getting invalid product ID. I also called HP support and he said this must be a custom pc. but its an HP Omen. I have HP support for this 😁.. he said he would have to call back to see if there was another product id that could be used? I think im going to try just installing windows 11 and then installing the HP support assistant once I get the Os installed... Screenshot 2024-05-12 145402.png

HP Recommended

That PC is so new that the product number does not exist in the HP Partsurfer website yet.

HP OMEN 45L GT22-2090 Gaming PC; Intel Core i9 14th Gen 14900K 2.4GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX ...

HP PartSurfer

I'm thinking that HP has not uploaded the recovery image yet to the cloud recovery tool database.

Wait a month or so and try it again.

I received a brand new HP notebook in 2020, and the first thing I did was to go to create a recovery USB for it and got the same message--not available.

I waited a month or so, and the image finally was uploaded, and I was able to create one.

Other than that, your only option would be to contact HP support starting at the link below and see if they have a recovery USB drive they can send you.

HP wouldn't send me one unless the notebook would not start up and I didn't want to fib that the notebook would not boot up.

Official HP® Support

HP Recommended

I figured so. I appreciate quick response.

take care.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.