Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello,

ik heb gedrukt op f10 voor de bios. wil graag bios resetten. alleen hoe doet het niet met f10. 

de reden is dat de computer traag is met alle windows die ik heb. xp, 7 en 10.

heb net de batterij eruit gehaald voor paar seconde alleen de bios is niet gereset.

ik weet het niet meer wat de oorzaak is

hello

I pressed F10 for BIOS. would like to reset the bios. only how it does not f10. The reason is that the computer is slow with all the windows that I have. xp, 7 and 10. I just removed the battery for few seconds only the bios is not reset. I do not know what the cause is

groetjes piet

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> I want to reset the BIOS.  I do not know what the cause is

My recommendation: do NOT try to reset the BIOS, because it won't solve your problem, 99.9% of the fine.

> The reason is that the computer is slow with all the windows that I have. xp, 7 and 10.

What are the specifications for your computer:

* size of RAM?

* Intel or AMD processor? single-core? dual-core? quad-core? speed of each CPU?

* 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7/8/8.1/10 ?

* size of disk-drive?

* age of the disk-drive? [old disk-drives may have problems reading from some sectors,

and "retrying" to read those "failing" sectors can literally add *SECONDS* of "delay"]

Use the model-number and serial-number labelled on the disk-drive to access the manufacturer's web-site to "check warranty status".  If the warranty has expired, compare it to driving your automobile on "bald" tires -- you may be able to drive for a while, until the tires (or the disk-drive) "blows", if you are VERY LUCKY.

> I just removed the battery for few seconds only the bios is not reset.

Correct.  There is a small battery on the laptop's motherboard that prevents the removal of the battery from causing the BIOS-settings to be "lost".

HP Recommended

here is the link of my computer with everthing....

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01999241

gr piet

HP Recommended

Quote from an HP web-site:

... after pressing the power button, repeatedly press the Esc key to enter the Start Up Menu, and follow the prompt to press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup.

Give it a try!

Or, if your current keyboard is "wireless", connect a USB keyboard, and then try ESC and/or F10 on that keyboard.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.