Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet F4140 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help..  I had Windows 7Pro and in August I upgraded to Windows 10.  The download went ok. I didn't use my printer until

the other day and it is not working.  I did download the newest drive for the F4100 Series and my print still didn't work. All lights go on and the ink cartridges flys back  and forth several times and makes all kinds of noise. I have tryed every thing I can  to find out what the problem is with the printer. But before I go and replace it and I think I have to I would like to know if it is compatiable with Windows 10.  If it is then the printer is broken and I will need to replace it.  Is there another Deskjet printer that uses ink number 21 and 22 in it because I have 4 new ink cartidges? Could you please give  the model numbers so I can purchase a new printer. I thank you in advance for your help. SweetPea71

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SweetPea71, welcome to the forum.

Here is the latest Full Featured Software and Printer for the printer for Win 10.  Once you install this software and driver, you should reinstall the printer.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

SweetPea71, welcome to the forum.

Here is the latest Full Featured Software and Printer for the printer for Win 10.  Once you install this software and driver, you should reinstall the printer.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU...I dowloaded the software and drive from the inf. you gave me. I had tryed that before but I wasn't sure

it was right  but I did it again. It still didn't work.  I now will replace my printer. I am at this point sure it is the printer because of you. Thank You Again...SweetPea71 

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.

HP Recommended

My son too has the same problem. Skipping words while printing.

However, my laptop has windows 7 and he is able to use my laptop to print using Hp F4140 without any issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.