Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (67 Views)

hp pavilion 20-b014 hard drive/restore problem

Product Name: Pavilion 20-b014
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Ok this is my brothers computer, he was messing around in task manager and deleted some things he shouldn't have. I've taken everything off the hard drive and we purchased a new 1TB drive(the same size as the original one). I tried installing this drive and when using the restore cd's i received an error of 0xe0ef000e. I reset the bios and then got an error message that says the new hard drive is smaller than the original and it cannot be used. I put the original hard drive back in and I'm still getting the same message. I ran a hard drive test and received the failure id: 0GDMXG-0008JD-PXPBOK-6IEJ03. Help, I'm just trying to get the computer back up and working.

Thanks

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (27 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 20-b014 hard drive/restore problem

Hey there! @Mcry311, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have replaced the hard drive on your PC and you are getting error new hard drive is smaller than the original.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you contact HP before replacing the hard drive?

Please provide the serial number and product number of your PC in a private message to assist you better.

You can only replace the hard drive only if the hard drive matches the specifications listed by HP.

If you provide the PC details I will check and let you know the replacement part numbers for the hard drive.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

If you found this reply helpful”, you can let others know by
“Accepting This As The Solution.” You can also show your appreciation by “Giving Kudos.”
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation