Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello All

i have hp elite 8100 ssf  core-i5 i have a problem recently i installed nvme2 drive 256gb with pci express slot expension card its shows in windows i clone the old hdd to new nvme2 drive, but nvme2 drive wont show in bios setup is anybody help me out this ussue, what happened here.?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@shah67,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Unfortunately, an HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF does not support an M.2 NVMe SSD as a bootable drive, or even as a secondary storage drive.  Only SATA storage drives are supported.

You can see this play out with HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF Users here, where you will not see any of these desktops fitted with an M.2 NVMe SSD.

Best thing to do is to make a SATA SSD your primary (boot) drive, such as a Samsung 870 EVO or a Crucial MX500.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind Reply Dear

ok now i understand about my pc. but ON windows there is my nv2me drive show as a  secondary storage drive.further we contiinue on any other issues. 

Regard.

HP Recommended

@shah67,

Well, see if you have the time to run UserBenchMark and share the link, because you would be the first HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF User (to my knowledge) to show an M.2 NVMe SSD as a secondary drive.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.