Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp ProDesk 400 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, I use a 50 inch tv for a monitor. My desktop is set to never turn off and never sleep. I just turn the tv off when i'm stepping out or whatever. Lately I turn the tv off and when I turn it back on it says no signal on the tv. I move the mouse around and hit keys on the keyboard but still no signal athough the power light is still on in the desktop. If i hold the power button in until it shuts off then start it back up the tv works so I'm pretty confident its not the tv. Just started doing that and I don't recall doing anything to cause anything.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am guessing that your TV has multiple inputs (HDMI, VGA, component video, composite video, S-video).

Which of the inputs do you use when connected to the video-output from your computer?

Do you have to tell the TV which input is to be the "active" input?

If you cycle through the choices, does one of them show the computer's video output?

HP Recommended

I use the HDMI 4 port. I set the tv to whatever input I want it on and it stays on that setting until I change it to a different setting. I switched it up to HDMI 2 and just wait to see if it happens again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.