Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

text is faded but test print is good. do I have to clean print head and if so how?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jackstep

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

If you're using the default software that Microsoft installs in Win10 for HP printers/scanners, that will severely limit what you can do regarding printer maintenance.

I have several HP printers/scanners and NONE of them work properly in Win10 with the default software.

I've installed several printers under Win10 and what worked in ALL cases was the following:
1) Remove any drivers that MS installed for the printer
2) Remove any software that MS installed for the printer
3) Go to the HP website for the printer and download the Win10 Full Feature Software
4) Turn off the printer
5) Install the HP software but do not turn on the printer until prompted to find or connect it.
6) Finish installing the software
7) Reboot the PC

Here's the link to the HP page for your printer:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f300-all-in-one-printer-series/1129389/m...

If Win10 does now show when you open that page, click CHANGE and select Windows 10 from the pulldown.

Once that software is installed, you will see a shortcut on your desktop for your printer.  When you click that, it will provide lots of functions you can run, including cleaning the printheads.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Go the the printer applett in the control panel and right click your printer. Look at properties and scroll through them. There are options there to re-alighned your print drives and then to clean your print heads. This usually sorts out the cobwebs.

Alternatively, see if the HP software under All Programs come bundled with software that takes care of the alighnment and cleaning.

I am not 100% sure about your printer, I do not have one, but i have quite a variety of HP printers and they all come prebundled with a maintenance kit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.