Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have just renewed my warranty for H.P. Pavillion all in one for 3 years, i received an e-mail telling me it would be actvated for me. But on the H.P. support assistant it says i have 3 months left of my original warranty?  will this be updated to show my new warranty and how long will it take to update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

It could take a couple of days to update.

If not, you will have to Contact HP with the Carepack information you received electronically or in the mail to update the warranty.

You realize you are not getting a full three year extension.

This was true unless HP has changed it's policy. It happened to me last year.

So, for example, your PC shipped with a one year warranty due to expire in 3 months. You purchase a three year extended warranty from HP.

You will now see an extended warranty period of two years and three months. Not the full three years and three months you purchased because the extended warranty runs concurrently with the base one year warranty.

You're paying twice for the first year.

Jay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

It could take a couple of days to update.

If not, you will have to Contact HP with the Carepack information you received electronically or in the mail to update the warranty.

You realize you are not getting a full three year extension.

This was true unless HP has changed it's policy. It happened to me last year.

So, for example, your PC shipped with a one year warranty due to expire in 3 months. You purchase a three year extended warranty from HP.

You will now see an extended warranty period of two years and three months. Not the full three years and three months you purchased because the extended warranty runs concurrently with the base one year warranty.

You're paying twice for the first year.

Jay

HP Recommended

Bought a Pavilion 23-g116 in Oct 2014.  Bought a 2 YEAR CARE PACK in Oct 2015. (Have documentation) Now they tell me  it runs out in Oct 2016. WHY? This is a ripoff. There is no way to contact them to dispute other than their stupid on line system. I need to talk to someone in ENGLISH to settle this issue. Not a run around.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.