Download HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator for Windows XP with a s5120f (9721 Views)
Honor Student
Phred77
Message 1 of 2 (9,721 Views)

Download HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator for Windows XP with a s5120f

I have a Pavilion Slimline s5120f PC with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3.

I had used my own OS disk to downgrade from Vista to XP.

I would like to create system recovery disks for the computer or at least OS recovery disks.

I have looked in HP System Recovery in Windows XP and saw that the system is recovered in a hidden partition.

Nothing happens when I press F11 upon startup and the Factory Image partition still contains 13.9 GB of hidden files along with a Recovery folder.  What am I able to do with the Factory Image partition to get it to work again?  Or is there an HP application software that I can download that can create the System recovery discs?

I have looked in Creating OS Recovery Disc Set in XP and saw that HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator is needed, which I do not have.  Under software and downloads on the HP website, there is only one update available for this computer with Windows XP.  Am I able to download this software onto my computer to create my OS Recovery Disks?

Thanks,

Fred

Regents Professor
wb2001
Message 2 of 2 (9,699 Views)

Re: Download HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator for Windows XP with a s5120f

Under normal circumstances F11 should have worked.

• Turn off the computer if it is not already off.
  • Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as the Personal Media Drive, USB drives, printer, and fax. Remove media from drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord .
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly , about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.

That said, I do not believe normal now pertains because you installed XP from your own OS. Now, I am pondering whether the recovery partition is XP or Vista.

The solution maybe you'll have to clone the drive, and store the clone.

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit. XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W.
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, HP Deskjet F4135

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation