Question

Student
cfgen1
Message 1 of 8 (10,765 Views)

I need to make a boot disk vista for hp pavilion

My Pavilion was running Vista Home Premium.  It "died" and will not boot.  I do not have a recovery disc nor the OEM disc becaue the desktop did not come with one.  What now?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 8 (10,746 Views)

Re: I need to make a boot disk vista for hp pavilion

Hi,

You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below - I believe these cost around $16.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If you have any problem with this link and live in the US, order them directly from HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
givson36
Message 3 of 8 (10,711 Views)

My Pavilion was working Vista Residence Payment. It "died" and testament not thrill. I do not acquire a recovery disc nor the OEM circle becaue the desktop did not amount with one. What now?

Student
khamchaidy
Message 4 of 8 (9,962 Views)

on my hp pavilion,it is does not starting up,so i have change new hard dirve and memory stick.Now when i turn it

on it is asking for the boot disk.which i don't have so please let me know where i can get a boot disk for vista hp pavilion.   i already have the Recory disk .  thank you

Student
hisown53
Message 5 of 8 (9,895 Views)

I shut computer down on 4-30-12 & when I started it up on 5-1-12 it wouldnt start up . It no boot drive, insert boot disc. I have no boot disc. I hit the f-9 button & it did some tests, which all passed except 1. it says testing boot path. then it says BIOHD-2 then WARNING: no drives detected. what can I do or hwere can I turn to fix the problem?

Student
DuncanP
Message 6 of 8 (4,811 Views)

I have a desk top that I cannot boot from the hard drive. I think the only option is to boot from Windows 7 as I keep coming back to 'Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'

Can you assist

Many thanks

Student
tazmainia
Message 7 of 8 (3,727 Views)

can i make are buy a boot disc for my hp pc

Student
ep65
Message 8 of 8 (251 Views)

need a recovery disk for hP pavilion a6113w desktop PC model GC658AA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation