Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 27-ca1000i (4N5D8AV)

Hoping someone can help me out here. I tried to get HP to help me but I can't get past the AI assistant. The AI assistant isn't even asking me what the issue is, it's just showing me random "solutions" to a problem it didn't even ask me about. Literally impossible to get an actual agent.

It's a work PC HP Pavillion ALL-in-One Desktop 27-ca1xx

• Motherboard: 89E9
  • BIOS: F.15-03/08/2023 (*I updated the driver yesterday though 3/27/2024)
  • Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700T

I had no issues the first 7 months, then randomly it started getting blue screen shutdowns. I updated everything, went in updated all the drivers and any sort of update it needed, but it still happened. After some time it stopped happening and everything was fine for a few months and then it did it again. I went to check again and no updates were needed, but then it randomly stopped happening.

More about the blue screen:*Blue screen QR code just takes me to a page that basically says to run diagnostics and a link to HP support, which has been unhelpful. But it's supper fast, It took me a few tries to have enough time to scan the QR code. Literally like 3 seconds and it goes away. (See images)

It is now month 12 and it started happening again last week and more often. At least once a day and getting it to restart is a nightmare. Sometimes I have nothing opened and it just shuts off with the blue screen by itself. Except this time when it restarts it says "Boot Device not found" with black screen. I scanned the QR code on the and it takes to a series of steps to update the BIOS driver. 

1. I updated the BIOS driver as instructed and it was fine for 24hrs, but just now it did it again.

2. I ran a diagnostics with the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and everything passed. Everything was fine, all green check marks and everything marked as "no issue found"

3. I have tried F10 key and reset the BIOS to restart but it doesn't work every time, when It tries to restart sometimes it just goes back to the "Boot Device not found" screen and I have repeat the process again until it can restart normally.

What am I suppose to do? It is still happening

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I wish we could help you -- but we can't.

Bluescreen failures (i.e., BSODs) are notoriously difficult to diagnose and to fix -- far beyond what WE typically can do in this self-help Community.

You have a couple of different options to chose from ...

--------------------

The first is that of specialized forums where where folks have vast experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and suggesting repairs for BSODs.

The community Win11 forums has a section devoted to diagnosing BSODs. So, your best bet would be to post your problem there: https://www.elevenforum.com/questions/bsod/

The community Win10 forums has a section devoted to diagnosing BSODs. So, your best bet would be to post your problem there: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

--------------------

The second is using free software to examine the logs that BSODs produce. This app is known as bluescreenview and is available from NirSoft, from here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

You will then have to go online to do searches with that information to get further suggestions about what to do.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.