Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 975 Dual-Mode Wireless Keyboard

I've been using the HP 975 Dual-Mode Wireless Keyboard keyboard for a few months now. When I initially set it up, I was able to add it to HP Accessory Center without an issue.

Recently, I kept having an issue with the microphone mute button not consistently working. Sometimes I could restart my laptop and the button would work again. I decided to reset the device in HP Accessory Center. After doing this, the device was showing as disconnected in HP Accessory Center. I removed the device from HP Accessory Center and now I can't readd it. The keyboard still works (aside from the microphone mute button), but I can't add it to HP Accessory Center.

I've tried restarting my laptop and uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Accessory Center several times. I've tried uninstalling it with an uninstaller like Revo uninstaller. I've also connected it with Bluetooth, but the problem is still persisting.

From the HP Accessory Center app, when I click on my keyboard model in "Add new device", it opens Settings > Devices in windows. It does this anytime I try to add it.

FrankGrimes9_0-1715229932247.png

FrankGrimes9_2-1715230071425.png

Has anyone else had this issue or similar and was able to resolve it?

Also, I think I updated the keyboard firmware recently as well. Not sure this this could be related.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I disconnected the USB dongle from my laptop yesterday and turned off the keyboard. I've come back in this morning and tested it on another laptop and HP Accessory Center recognized the keyboard. I connected it back to my original laptop that had the problem and its working now.

HP Recommended

I ran into the problem again and this approach doesn't seem to fix the problem anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.